Five session course
After this week-long course you will be able to work in a chalet, on a yacht, or cook for families in their holiday homes. Students are required to have a basic knowledge of cooking beforehand (for the basics, check out The Beginner Booking Course). This course is designed to teach students a combination of the important theoretical stuff (e.g. recipes, food pairing, etc.) as well as the hands on stuff (such as knife skills and presentation).
In this course
Whether you fancy working for a family in your time before university, or want to improve your cooking skills and start thinking about becoming a professional chef, this course will help you reach the next level in only 5 days.
What you will learn:
- fantastic knife skills
- some great variations of bread making (including Diana's famous bread)
- elaborate cake making
- how to make your own soft drinks
- food presentation
- boning meat and handling fish
- preparing and cooking a variety of vegetables
- learning to cook international foods and different techniques
- canapé making
You will also get your own copy of The Avenue's cookbook, and an apron to take home with you
- Twice Baked Cheese Soufflé with a Red Pepper Coulis
- Thai Green Curry with Lemon Saffron Rice and a Vegetable Stir Fried
- A Trio of Raspberry Macaroons, Raspberry Cheesecake and Raspberry and Orange Parfait
Now you can
- invite your mum round for dinner and make her feel special
- read your favourite recipes and feel inspired not overwhelmed
- bake a trio of desserts
As well as bagging some kick ass kitchen skills, you will also get your own copy of The Avenue's cookbook, and an apron to take home with you
Did you know?
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
Gift this class to a friend or loved one
About your host, The Avenue Cookery School
The Avenue Cookery School is a family-run leaning business based in Wandsworth in South West London. The owner and head chef Diana began her career as a chalet chef before discovering her entrepreneurial side and founding a number of specialist food ventures. Infamously, Diana taught at The Grange Cookery School in Somerset for 7 years before starting The Avenue, where she has been ever since.
Diana is supported by her son Richard and daughter Sophie.
The food at The Avenue can be considered classic chic but full of fun twists and turns (ranging from macaroon masterclasses to gluten free baking to simple supper classes). All the classes are taught in the school's beautiful kitchen facilities in a relaxed environment.
Watch The Avenue here, where all the magic happens: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCBO61x4Aow&feature=youtu.be
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.