What you will do
4 hour workshop
You may be wondering why we are SO nuts about up-cycling veg sacks? Or perhaps you are keen to get creative and love the idea of up-cycling?
Rehandle is an environmentally conscious enterprise that repurposes valuable materials from markets that would otherwise have been sent to landfill. We work with veg sellers and greengrocers throughout London, who save their strong vegetable sacks that used to hold 20kg of produce exclusively for us! This plastic material is not just strong, but also boasts unique colourful limited designs printed on the outside. Perfect for your very own pouch!
Join us for an upcycling workshop where we will guide you through the steps taken to make a customised large pouch - the perfect travel companion.
Founded by sustainable designers Emma, Rose and Emily while grocery shopping in their local fruit and veg market, Rehandle is a community of like-minded up-cyclers who welcome anyone who is environmentally passionate, curious and creative. Become a Rehandler and join the DIY revolution!
This is an example of what you should expect to learn at a workshop:
- Start with our favourite vegetable - orientated game!
- An introduction to the up-cycling as a lifestyle and mindset.
- Understanding the process behind sourcing our signature material: veg sacks.
- Choose a design for your pouch from our rare collection of veg sacks.
- Prepare your pouch by learning to use pattern cutting techniques.
- Precisely pinning a zip to ensure your pouch closes securely.
- Join our community and mark your local market on our Rehandle map!
- Learn how markets are a rich resource of materials, culture and community. What other materials will you up-cycle next?
- All the while enjoying nibbles and drinks :)
- Take home your one-of-a-kind pouch with surprise seeds to plant your own veg!
Did you know?
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
About your host, Rehandle
Rehandle up-cycles plastic veg sacks from food markets to create one-of-a-kind, handcrafted products. Markets are a rich resource of materials, culture and community, all of which Rehandle celebrates.
They are running up-cycling workshops to not only teach craft lovers how to give materials a second life but also invite them to consider the importance of repurposing valuable materials and D.I.Y design.
We will provide all the equipment needed to craft your handy pouch. Wear comfy clothing and bring your crafty hands. We will guide you through your one-of-a-kind up-cycling experience! The Venue We will be appearing as part of FAM EAST, at the Workshop Space in the heart of our Old Spitalfields Market. The Rehandle Workshop Mezzanine, Old Spitalfields Market, 16 Horner Square, London E1 6EW
All students under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.