2 hour workshop
We have teamed up with Chapel Down to offer you a unique combined experience. You will take part in two experiences on the evening.
- Gin tasting masterclass which involves
- Introduction to Chapel Down
- A brief talk about distillation and our gin still Helga.
- The interesting history of Gin.
- A tasting of our core range of three Spirits. Bacchus Gin, Pinot Noir Gin and Chardonnay Vodka.
- Learn which botanicals are used and how we use our skills as winemakers to give our spirits an original twist
- This will be followed by the Botanical Boys terrarium making. We will take you through a fascinating history of terrarium design and you'll learn how one medical doctor changed Great Britain's influence in the world of plants. What you'll learn:
- Basic Plant Care tips to kick start your session!
- Fascinating insight to the history of terrariums
- Step by step layering process to build your garden
- Planting techniques (very focused and relaxing)
- Online care advice
- Bag to carry home your terrarium Botanical Boys offers their customers a 30 day plant guarantee and further ongoing plant support for our customers peace of mind
What we provide: By default you will receive a Kilner Jar but you can also upgrade your vessel to a glass Egg for £25 by contacting us prior to the event.
- History of terrariums
- Substrate layering
- Planting design
- Hard landscape materials
- Aftercare advice
How does it live? A terrarium is a self-sustaining eco-system that maintains it's own breathing and water cycles. You will be given a care guide on the day.
Select a class time
None of the dates work for you? Let the host know and you will be notified when new dates are added.
You will only receive an email from us if new dates are added for this class, you will not receive any marketing emails, and that's a promise!
Did you know?
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
ABOUT THE TEACHER
About your host, Botanical Boys
Ben and Daz of The Botanical Boys began their journey in 2009 when they took over a terraced garden in London Fields with a Japanese & formal English segments. Having no gardening experience prior, they really got stuck in and become members of the National Garden Scheme and opened up the space to the public for charity every year. They were selected for a spot on the BBC Great British Garden Revival program in May 2015 and were featured in a number of books and publications.
After a few assignments and holiday trips to South Africa and California it was succulents and their ability to be used in many structural forms, as with their sculpted Japanese and formal topiary English garden that led to a passion for creating designs on a smaller scale using air plants, cacti, succulents and a range of mosses creating beautiful terrariums.
Their love for plants and terrariums is infectious and people who join them on their workshops not only make a beautiful terrarium, but are taught about all the natural elements involved as well as provided aftercare instruction.
Address of location: Chapel Down Gin Works, Goods Way , London, N1C 4UR Use Kings Cross as your nearest station, it is just a few short minutes walk away. Chapel Down Gin Works is based on the Regents Canal
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.