3 hour class
Join Barley Massey in this exciting DIY Christmas sewing workshop, and learn how to craft stylish stockings and advent calendars, just in time for the festivities!
In this class
This class will introduce students to the basics of sewing the perfect advent calendars and stockings. By the end of the class, each student will feel confident in their ability to:
- Use a sewing machine sufficiently.
- Feed fabric through, sew in a straight line and turn corners.
- Explore the range if features and stitches on the machine.
- Join cloth pieces using straight stitch and zigzag stitch.
- Use hanging loops.
- Understand how to hem the edge of the cloth
Now you can
- Use a sewing machine, understanding all the fundamental skills
- Sew your own Christmas decorations and ornaments
- Pass on your skills and knowledge to friends and family
Students will be able to take home all that is made during the class. The class also includes all materials and use of our 'Brother' sewing machines
Did you know?
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
About your host, Fabrications
Fabrications - an East London based creative hub!
Fabrications is an independent gallery, shop and workshop dedicated to the best contemporary textile practice and design, with a particular interest in eco-conscious design.
Fabrications opened in June 2000 in a refurbished derelict shop on Broadway Market in Hackney, East London. The shop's founder, Barley Massey, has spent the last 20 years finding ingenious ways to turn scraps into original fabrics and using recycled materials to create cutting-edge items. Since 2012, "The Imaginarium", a fully-fitted working studio, has hosted workshops and classes.
Barley has been awarded as one of Kevin McCloud's (Grand Designs) Green Heroes for her minimally-processed, up-cycled products, which "demonstrate a lightness of touch backed up by a rigorous approach".
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.