What you will do
2 hour class
Class hours : Tuesdays & Thursdays, 6-8 pm (2 hours)
Join us in our evening classes and learn to make your unique small leather goods with a leather artisan. You will be working on pre-designed leather items from the scratch. The class is designed to provide you basic concepts of leather crafting methods and invites you making no-sew-required leather projects.
We will start the class by guiding you to our brief understanding in leather industries and leather craft techniques. You will select leathers and brass fixtures depending on projects you wish to work.
The class can become noisy at some point, especially when you hammer down brass fixtures and metal stamps onto the leather. It is a helpful and friendly place where new crafters can participate every stage of making process.
You will select from the below pre-designed leather items:
- Leather key holder
- Leather card holder
- Leather tray
- Leather bracelet
- Leather bookmark
Depending on timeline, you can choose to work on as many items as you can during the class hours. All materials and tools are provided.
What you will learn :
- Essential concepts for leather crafts (leather & tools)
- How to handle leathers and their characters
- How to handle leather tools and what they are
- How to handle leather patterns
- How to hand cut leather
- How to assemble fittings and fixtures for the leather
- How to treat leather edges professionally
- How to hand stamp texts and numbers (Subject to time and availability)
The workshop will be held in our large workshop room at Craft Central (E14 3AE). You will have a chance to take a 'short tour' to this gorgeous building where ideas are happening.
There will be refreshments to help you keep refreshed during the session.
Want to know more about what we do or how we do? Feel free to Google Mollum Vellum online and find our collections and latest activities including other local events.
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
About your host, MV Leather Craft School
MV Leather Craft School is a place where new and experienced leather crafters can practice and learn new skills. The classes are delivered by Herin from Mollum Vellum, the lifestyle leather goods brand based in East London. Search Mollum Vellum and find our public activities.
- Please kindly be aware that you will be handling sharp leather tools and needles. - There will be refreshments including teas and coffees. - Street parking can be found nearby the studio building. - You can find the main entrance to the Craft Central from Westferry Road. Nearest station is Mudchute DLR station (8 minutes by foot).
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.