What you will do
Three session course
Let's make a leather bag! In this class, you will learn to hand-make a leather bag using traditional leathercraft techniques, notably saddle stitching.
The class is designed for advanced level and you will learn to hand-cut and hand-stitch leathers after short induction to the leathercrafting methods.
- To start : You will be guided to our workshop once you arrive. (More details in the email.)
- What you will make : A leather bag (women's or men's bag)
- How long you will do : The course will run for 18 - 21 hours (This will be about 3.5 Saturdays.)
- When : 10 am - 4 pm, every Saturday of the week
- Where : Craft Central, London, E14 3AE
- How you will do : You will learn how to construct and hand-stitch a leather bag. You will select colours of leathers and threads and work with patterns. You will hand-cut and make stitching holes on leathers and assemble the bag by applying saddle stitching method with two needles. You will also try cutting handle straps and learn how to prepare them. You will have plenty chance to share your projects with fellow learners and photograph with them in our gorgeous building.
- What to bring : None. We will provide you leathers and tools.
The course is designed for everyone who wants to learn more about the leathercraft or anyone who loves to dive into the leathercarft deeper. The course is tightly organised for advanced levels to learn to make a pre-designed leather item (as pictured unless otherwise stated). After the course, you should be able to create similar projects on your own. In order to keep up the course schedule, you are expected to complete some parts of your projects outside the course schedule. If you want to progress your learning further, please contact us before signing up the course online so that we can arrange special timelines for you.
We will welcome you with a glass of Prosecco, tea and coffee. (And some snacks!)
Join us and make a special gift for yourself or for someone special.
Select a class time
Sat 28 Mar, 10:00am - 6:00pm
Sat 4 Apr, 10:00am - 6:00pm
None of the dates work for you? Let the host know and you will be notified when new dates are added.
You will only receive an email from us if new dates are added for this class, you will not receive any marketing emails, and that's a promise!
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
This is a Flexitime class, which means the teacher can run this class around your schedule.
Time & Location
Select a date and location you want and your teacher will get back to you to confirm their availability.
About your host, Mollum Vellum
Mollum Vellum is a lifestyle leather goods brand based in East London. Inspired by authentic craftsmanship and slow handcrafting process, Herin designs and hand-makes leather bags wallets and small leather accessories behind Mollum Vellum. It is Herin's passion to share naturally developed simplicity in her leather products.
Herin uses traditional leather crafting tools and techniques, which often include hand-cutting, hand-stitching and hand-burnishing leathers. And hence the classes are designed for anyone who wants to learn the slow hand-making process with some professional help. There are a couple leathercraft classes available, from the taster's to the advanced. There will be more workshops developed and soon to be added to explore more adventure.
None. We will provide you leather and tools.
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.